John Lowery, Jr.
|John Lowery, Jr.|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 6|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
He is President of the El Dorado Boys and Girls Club, and previous President of the Museum of Natural Resources Advisory Board, Arkansas Ready Mixed Concrete Association, and El Dorado Chamber of Commerce.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Blue Ribbon Committee on Highway Finance, Arkansas Assembly
- Economic and Tax Policy Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Arkansas House (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Revenue Transfer (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Small Business and Economic Development
Lowery's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1913 - "TO ESTABLISH A FORFEITURE PROCEDURE FOR TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND TO ESTABLISH A TOBACCO CONTROL FUND."
- HB 2003 - "TO AMEND THE LAW PERTAINING TO RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS AND ATTENDANCE AT PUBLIC SCHOOLS."
- HB 2251 - "TO GRANT THE POWER OF EMINENT DOMAIN TO MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENTS FOR THE CONDEMNATION OF INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING PLANTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROTECTING JOBS AND PROMOTING INDUSTRIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Lowery was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Lowery raised $22,166 for his campaign.
Below are Lowery's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$1,000|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$750|
|Friedkin Business Services||$750|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. John Lowery, Jr.
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|Arkansas House District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|