|Utah House of Representatives District 55|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Other||DVM, Colorado State University|
Mathis joined the Utah State House of Representatives in 2005. He has served in that position since, representing the 55th District.
Mathis is a a Veterinarian.
Mathis earned his BS from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his DVM from Colorado State University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mathis has been appointed to the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Rural Development Legislative Liaison Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environmental Quality Appropriations, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mathis served on the following committees:
- Government Operations Committee, Utah House
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah House
Mathis is running for re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 55. He defeated Mark Caldwell in the Republican convention. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 55 General Election (2010)|
|John Mathis (R)||7,632|
|Michael L. Binyon (D)||1,878|
|George Hill (L)||465|
Mathis raised $6,150 for his campaign while Hoskisson raised $16, Ray raised $1,303 and Regehr raised $0.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 55 (2008)|
|John Mathis (R)||9,622|
|Wayne Hoskisson (D)||2,388|
|Daniel Ray (C)||531|
In 2010, Mathis received $14,720 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Mathis's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Conservative Caucus PAC||$1,000|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,000|
|Utah Medical Association||$500|
|Utah Rural Electric Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$14,720|
Mathis raised $6,150 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Utah House Republican Elections Committee||$1,000|
|Utah Association of Realtors||$500|
Mathis has a wife, Wendy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Mathis + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon Weekly Football Release - Oregon State - GoDucks.com
- Oregon Weekly Football Release - Arizona - GoDucks.com
- Oregon Weekly Football Release - Utah - GoDucks.com
- From the Creaux's Nest - TheRecordLive.com
- BWW Reviews: THE BOOK OF MORMON - Crude, Rude, Offensive, and Sold Out - Broadway World
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. John Mathis
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|Utah House of Representatives District 55
| Succeeded by|