|Arizona State Senate District 20|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$35/day for the first 120 days of regular session and for special sessions and $10/day thereafter.|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Arizona State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Colgate University, 1965|
|Date of birth||February 11, 1943|
|Place of birth||Youngstown, OH|
|Profession||Instructor, Maricopa Community College System|
McComish is an instructor at Maricopa Community College. He has previously served as President of the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce, owner of the Little Professor Book Store, Vice President of Becton Dickinson, and national sales manager for Johnson and Johnson.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McComish has been appointed to these committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Arizona Senate, Chair
- Economic Development and Jobs Creation Committee, Arizona Senate
- Finance Committee, Arizona Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Arizona Senate
McComish did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. His answers to the Arizona State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available, but he did not provide a response when asked his legislative priorities.
McComish's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2073 - state equalization property tax repeal.
- HB 2286 - tax credit; charitable organizations
- HB 2400 - partial-birth abortions; definition
- HB 2564 - abortion
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2012
McComish is running in the 2012 election for Arizona State Senate District 18. He is running unopposed in the August 28, 2012, Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
McComish raised $62,915 for the campaign, Waters raised $61,595, and Dial raised $101,903.
|Arizona State House, District 20 (2008)|
|Rae Waters (D)||37,639|
|John McComish (R)||39,820|
|Jeff Dial (R)||36,964|
In 2010, McComish raised $54,634 in contributions. 
No contributions to his campaign were over $1,000.
Below are McComish's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Salt River Valley Water Users Assoc||$580|
|AZ Medical Assoc||$580|
|AZ Assoc of Realtors||$500|
|Rose & Harry Papp||$390|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term ""John + McComish" + Arizona + Senate"
McComish and his wife Karen have two children.
- John McComish's personal website
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- John McComish on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McComish
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McComish Issue Positions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Arizona Elected Officials," February 2, 2012
- Arizona Secretary of State - Primary candidate list
- General election results
- 2008 general election results, Arizona
- Arizona House spending, 2008
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Arizona State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
|Arizona State House District 20
| Succeeded by|