|New York State Assembly District 104|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
McEneny's professional experiences include chief of staff; district and county legislator; assistant county executive; assistant director; director for various departments and programs; commissioner of the Department of Human Resources for the City of Albany; district manager for the United States Census Bureau; teacher; volunteer; and social services caseworker and counselor.
McEneny earned a BA in history from Siena College; a certificate in community development from New Mexico State University; graduate credits from College of Saint Rose; and a certificate in public administration from Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government. He is widowed and has four children; John, Rachael, Daniel, and Maeve.
On November 4, 2008 McEneny won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 104, defeating opponent Terrence O'Neill (R).
McEneny raised $38,640 for his campaign while O'Neill raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 104 2008|
|John McEneny (D)||43,367|
|Terrence O'Neill (R)||11,563|
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. John McEneny
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 104
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |