|Idaho State Senate District 10|
| Assumed office|
December 1, 2004
| Current term ends|
December 1, 2012
McGee graduated with his history degree from the University of Idaho.
Before becoming a Senator, McGee was a policy advisor to Dirk Kempthorne when he was Governor of Idaho and a legislative assistant for Kempthorne when he was in the United States Senate. McGee also worked as a marketing director for an Idaho hospital.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McGee has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McGee served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
| Idaho State Senate, District 10 |
2010 General election results
|John McGee (R)||7,068||72.6%|
|Leif Skyving (D)||2,672||27.4%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 10 (2008)|
|John McGee (R)||10,011||72.9%|
|Harold Stiles (D)||3,728||27.1%|
In 2008, McGee collected $83,434 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Canyon County Republican Central CMTE||$2,320|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$2,000|
|Staker Parson Companies||$2,000|
|Idaho Power Co||$2,000|
Arrested for grand theft, drunken driving
In early Sunday morning, June 19, 2011, McGee was arrested for drunken driving and grand theft. He is currently being held in the Ada County jail.
The Ada County Sheriff’s Office reported that McGee started night Saturday drinking in a golf course clubhouse and then began walking before coming to a Ford Excursion with a trailer hooked up. The SUV was unlocked with the keys inside. McGee got inside and drove away.
At some point in the night, McGee unsuccessfully tried to turn the vehicle and trailer around, jack-knifing the two. McGee eventually fell asleep in the Excursion. Two witnesses in a nearby house were watching all of the events transpire and called police. When police arrived McGee told authorities he was on his way to Jackpot.
McGee represents Idaho Senate District 10. District 10 includes the southern portion of Canyon County.
John is married to Hanna McGee and live in Caldwell, Idaho.
- John McGee's personal website
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- ↑ "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," Idaho Reporter, November 3rd, 2010
- ↑ Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- ↑ McGee Campaign Donors
- ↑ "Sen. John McGee arrested for grand theft, drunken driving," By Mitch Coffman, Idaho Reporter, June 19th, 2011
- ↑ "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|