|Michigan State Senate District 36|
| Assumed office|
January 1, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2015
Before his election to the Legislature, John worked for Dow Chemical developing new product markets. He was later the director of the Small Business Center at Middle Michigan Development Corporation. John has also worked in the education sector, serving as school administrator for the Midland Academy of Advanced and Creative Studies, and teaching several classes at Saginaw Valley State University.
John graduated from Herbert Henry Dow High School and Hope College. He then went on to earn his Masters Degree in Public Administration at Harvard University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Moolenaar has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations, Vice Chair
- Outdoor Recreation and Tourism
- Statutory Committee on Legislative Council
- Subcommittee on Agriculture and Rural Development, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Capital Outlay
- Subcommittee on the Department of Community Health, Chair
- Veterans, Military Affairs and Homeland Security, Chair
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2010
|Michigan State Senate, District 36 General election (2010)|
|John Moolenaar (R)||56,634|
|Andy Neumann (D)||32,154|
John and his wife Amy have six children.
|Michigan State Senate District 36
| Succeeded by|