John Murtha (Wisconsin)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 29|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Prior to his election to the Assembly, Murtha served as Chair of the Town of Eau Galle Board of Supervisors from 2003-2006, and a member from 1999-2003.
He is a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and National Rifle Association.
Murtha did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
On November 4, 2008, Murtha won reelection to Assembly District 29, receiving 53.38% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 29|
|John Murtha (R)||17,633|
|Craig Mohn (L)||1,257|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-71 Bodily harm to a juror: felony crime expanded to include the juror's family and threats; judge may prohibit convicted person from contacting a juror; JRCCP report
- AB-148 U.W. Board of Regents: appointment of one citizen member from each congressional district required
- AB-226 U.W. System resident undergraduate tuition and nonallocable segregated fees: increase permitted for certain fiscal years; LFB, consumer price index, and exception provisions
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Murtha's 2008 campaign were all individuals:
- 1. Sharp, Richard $1,000
- 2. Smith, Arthur O $1,000
- 3. Hutchins, Grant W $900
- 4. Walz, Joe $800
- 5. Walker, Sherry L $720
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative John Murtha
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |