Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 73|
|January 3, 2001 - Present|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|First elected||January 2001|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Richmond|
|M.D.||Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 1973|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
A neurologist by trade, O'Bannon has been involved with a number of groups, including the American Medical Association Council for Ethical and Judicial Affairs, Hargrave Military Academy, Henrico Doctors Hospital, and the Medical Society of Virginia 
O'Bannon earned his B.S. from the University of Richmond in 1969 and his M.D. from the Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in 1973. He attended Hargrave Military Academy in 1965.
- Health, Welfare and Institutions (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- Subcommittee #4
- Privileges and Elections
- Campaign Finance Subcommittee (Chair)
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee (Chair)
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- HB 1984 Physicians and patients; eliminates limiting patient's health information introduced at trial.
- HB 2459 Right to notify; consumer in mental health facility to have opportunity thereto of his condition.
- HB 2463 Government Efficiency Review Commission; established. 
O'Bannon is running for re-election to the District 73 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, O'Bannon was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 73 (2009)|
|John O'Bannon (R)||14,123|
The top 5 donors to O'Bannon's 2009 campaign:
|Commonwealth First PAC||$90,000|
|Republican Party of Virginia||$41,890|
|Marcus M. Weinstein||$10,000|
|The Medical Society of Virginia||$10,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$7,427|
O'Bannon and his wife, Patricia, have three children.
- Delegate John O'Bannon official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. O'Bannon
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate O'Bannon Facebook profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |