|Virginia House of Delegates District 73|
|January 3, 2001 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||January 2001|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||University of Richmond|
|M.D.||Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 1973|
|Date of birth||02/14/1948|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
O'Bannon earned his B.S. from the University of Richmond in 1969 and his M.D. from the Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in 1973. He attended Hargrave Military Academy in 1965. O'Bannon is a neurologist.
- HB 1984 Physicians and patients; eliminates limiting patient's health information introduced at trial.
- HB 2459 Right to notify; consumer in mental health facility to have opportunity thereto of his condition.
- HB 2463 Government Efficiency Review Commission; established.
In the 2012-2013 session, O'Bannon served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, O'Bannon served on the following committees:
- Health, Welfare and Institutions, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee #1, Chair
- Subcommittee #4
- Privileges and Elections
- Campaign Finance Subcommittee, Chair
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee, Chair
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
O'Bannon is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 73. O'Bannon ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, O'Bannon was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 73 (2009)|
|John O'Bannon (R)||14,123|
In 2011, O'Bannon received $204,920 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John O'Bannon's campaign in 2011|
|Medical Society Of Virginia PAC The||$17,130|
|Obannon III, John M||$7,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc PAC||$5,000|
|Weinstein, Marcus M||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$204,920|
The top five donors to O'Bannon's 2009 campaign:
|Commonwealth First PAC||$90,000|
|Republican Party of Virginia||$41,890|
|Marcus M. Weinstein||$10,000|
|The Medical Society of Virginia||$10,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$7,427|
O'Bannon and his wife, Patricia, have three children.
O'Bannon has been involved with a number of groups, including the American Medical Association Council for Ethical and Judicial Affairs, Hargrave Military Academy, Henrico Doctors Hospital, and the Medical Society of Virginia.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + O'Bannon + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate John O'Bannon official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. O'Bannon
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate O'Bannon Facebook profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate O'Bannon
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |