For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Running for Michigan House of Representatives District 3|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 5|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan|
|J.D.||Northern Illinois University College of Law|
|Date of birth||July 12, 1981|
|Place of birth||Detroit, MI|
Olumba graduated from the University of Michigan with two majors, Economics and Political Science. He was then admitted to Northern Illinois University College of Law. He has also studied British Law at the University College of London.
After completing an internship with Brookins & Wilson, Olumba decided to forfeit private law practice in favor of a career in law making.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Olumba has been appointed to these committees:
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Olumba Incumbent||52.1%||5,030|
|Jimmy Womack Incumbent||38.1%||3,676|
Olumba won election to the District 5 Seat in 2010. He defeated Shahab Ahmed, Abdul Algazali, Terry Catchings, Carmen Davis, Anthony Ewell, Burgess Foster, Abu Mafuz, DeAmo Murphy, Vanessa Peake, William Phillips, Akm Rahman, LaTrello Sephers, Sigmunt Szczepkowski Jr. and Robert Zwolak in the August 3 Democratic primary. He faced Jermain Jones (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 5 General election (2010)|
|John Olumba (D)||11,763|
|Jermain Jones (R)||779|
|Muhammad Alim (I)||
align="right" | 541
More voting record details
- List of all of John Olumba’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
In 2010, Olumba raised $14,486 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Olumba + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
John Olumba received a 13% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Olumba and his wife Charsha have three young daughters, Eliezra, Keziah, and Azariah.
- Official Campaign Website
- Official Biography
- Olumba on Facebook
- Follow Olumba on Twitter
- Voting Record on MichiganVotes.org
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Michigan House Democrats, "Official Biography of Rep. John Olumba," accessed August 2, 2012
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 7, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
- Olumba for Hope, "John's Background," accessed August 2, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |