|Wisconsin State Assembly District 6|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (1974)|
|Master's||University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (1977)|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1966 – 1970|
|Profession||Health Unit Coordinator|
Powers' professional experience includes working as a classroom teacher and Vietnam veteran. He earned his Bachelor's and Master's from UW-Stephen's Point in 1974 and 1977.
In an electronic communication, Powers described his political philosophy:
"Common sense for the common good. We need to get back to doing what is right, rather than doing what might be best for a particular political party or social group."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Powers ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 6. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012 and lost to incumbent Gary Tauchen (R) in general election on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Powers + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Blame America FirstAnd Only - Daily Beast
- University presidents, chancellors ?profoundly? disappointed in pension bill - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- The RNC's Latest Race Gaffe - Daily Beast
- Remembering JFK By Rewatching His Inaugural Address - Wisconsin Public Radio News
- Secret US-Iran talks set stage for nuke deal - Wisconsin Rapids Tribune
- Scott Walker Tries To Climb Into 2016 Conversation With Book Tour - Huffington Post
- President Obama Bets Big On Middle East Diplomacy - Wisconsin Public Radio News
- Former Iran hostages: amid rapprochement they still want apologies - Reuters
- Inside Obama's Iran Sanctions Strategy - Daily Beast
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Candidate bio submission, August 9, 2012
- ↑ Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |