|Wisconsin State Assembly District 6|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (1974)|
|Master's||University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (1977)|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1966 – 1970|
|Profession||Health Unit Coordinator|
Powers' professional experience includes working as a classroom teacher and Vietnam veteran. He earned his Bachelor's and Master's from UW-Stephen's Point in 1974 and 1977.
In an electronic communication, Powers described his political philosophy:
"Common sense for the common good. We need to get back to doing what is right, rather than doing what might be best for a particular political party or social group."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Powers ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 6. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012 and lost to incumbent Gary Tauchen (R) in general election on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Powers + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Candidate bio submission, August 9, 2012
- Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |