Difference between revisions of "John Proos"
m (Text replace - "has been appointed to" to "served on")
|Line 96:||Line 96:|
Revision as of 14:42, 24 January 2013
|Michigan State Senate District 21|
|January 1, 2011 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Michigan House of Representatives|
|2005 – 2010|
|Bachelor's||Marquette University (1992)|
|Master's||Michigan State University (1994)|
|Birthday||December 10, 1969|
|Place of birth||Indianapolis, Indiana|
Before his election to the Legislature, Proos worked for Congressman Fred Upton serving in several different roles, most recently as deputy Chief of Staff and District Director. John has also been Vice President of Heritage Homes Inc. of Michigan.
Proos graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a Bachelor's degree in Political Science. He earned his Masters degree in Higher Education from Michigan State University. Proos is a 1988 graduate of Lake Michigan Catholic High School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Proos served on these committees:
- Energy and Technology, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Judiciary, Chair
- Subcommittee on the Department of Corrections, Chair
- Subcommittee on the Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on the Department of Human Services
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2010
|Michigan State Senate, District 21 General election (2010)|
|John Proos (R)||49,818|
|Scott Elliott (D)||25,062|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Proos raised $216,501 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|John Proos For State Representative||$38,400|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$8,000|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$4,800|
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$4,200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Proos + Michigan + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
John Proos received a 66% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Proos and his wife Kristy have three children.
- Campaign site
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Congressman Fred Upton, Congressman Tim Walberg and Additional Michigan Leaders," February 8, 2012
- Official Election Results from 2010 State Senate races
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
|Michigan State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|