John Rogers, Alabama Representative
|Alabama House of Representatives District 52|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||University of Alabama-Birmingham|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee State University|
|Master's||University of Alabama|
|Date of birth||December 16, 1940|
|Profession||President/Photographer, Rogers and Rogers, Inc.|
Rogers currently works as President and photographer for Rogers and Rogers, Incorporated. He is also Director of Minority Affairs/Public Relations Counselor/Administrator at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Rogers is a member of the Alabama Council of Crime and Delinquency, Alpha Phi Alpha, Associated Photographers Institute of America, Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America, Fourth Avenue Young Men's Christian Association Board of Directors, and Mount Meigs Advisory Council.
Rogers served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Higher Ed Appropriations
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 52 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|John Rogers (D)||2,833|
|Frederick Alexander (D)||1,346|
Rogers raised $95,150 for his campaign.
In 2010, Rogers raised $194,794 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$39,131|
In 2006, Rogers collected $95,150 in donations.
Below are Rogers's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|John W Rogers||$19,000|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|IN PAC Walter Johnson||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Rogers + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Rogers and his wife Jennie have three children.
- John Rogers's personal website
- Alabama Legislature - John Rogers
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- John Rogers for State Rep on Facebook
|Alabama House District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|