|Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Colorado General Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor John Hickenlooper|
|Bachelor's||Adams State College|
Salazar served three years in the U.S. Army. He served on the Rio Grande Water Conservation District, the Colorado Agricultural Leadership Forum and the Colorado Agricultural Commission before being elected as a state representative in 2002.
- B.S. in Business Administration - Adams State College
Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture (2011-Present)
U.S. House (2004-2011)
- Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Salazar has voted with the House Democratic leadership 96.9% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 96.0% of the time in 2010.
- Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post from July 23, 2010, concluded that he voted 97.2% of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- Specific Votes
Salazar also supported the stimulus bill. As of August 2010, 57% of U.S. voters believed that the stimulus had either hurt the economy (36%) or had no impact (21%). 38% believed the stimulus helped the economy. 
Salazar also voted in favor of the health care reform bill. As of September 2010, 57% of likely voters at least somewhat favored repeal of the health care reform bill, including 46% who strongly favored repeal. 35% of likely voters opposed repeal. 51% of likely voters believed the health care reform bill would be bad for the country, while 36% believed it would be beneficial.
Colorado General Assembly (2002-2004)
Comprehensive donor information for Salazar is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Salazar raised a total of $163,747 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|John Salazar's Campaign Contribution History|
|2002||Colorado State House District 62||$163,747|
|Grand Total Raised||$163,747|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Salazar + Colorado + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Commissioner of Agriculture Biography
- Commissioner's Office website
- Colorado Department of Agriculture Facebook Page
- Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture "Bio" Accessed September 27, 2012
- A Line of Sight, July 2010
- The Washington Post analysis
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 690" December 10, 2008
- Gallup "Among Recent Bills, Financial Reform a Lone Plus for Congress," September 13, 2010
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 46," January 28, 2009
- Rasmussen "38% Say Stimulus Plan Helped Economy, 36% Say It Hurt," August 24, 2010
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 314," June 9, 2009
- Rasmussen "54% Oppose “Cash for Clunkers” Plan To Spur Purchase of Greener Cars," June 23, 2009
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 165," March 21, 2010
- Rasmussen "61% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law," September 20, 2010
- Follow the Money, "Career financing for John T. Salazar," accessed July 8, 2013
- Colorado Department of Agriculture, "Commissioner Salazar Bio," accessed July 15, 2011.
- Project VoteSmart, "Bio of John Salazar," accessed July 15, 2011.
|Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|