John Stacy (Texas)
|U.S. House, Texas, District 4|
|Bachelor's||Texas Christian University|
Stacy earned his B.S. in Chemistry from Texas Christian University. After graduation, he helped run his family's health insurance business. He is currently COO of the company. Stacy previously served as Mayor Pro-Tem on the Fate City Council, but he resigned to run for Congress.
Stacy's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I have been in the healthcare industry for 11 years. I understand that this issue is complex, but you cannot fix government problems with government solutions. We will have to work to incrementally change healthcare back to a free market."
- Immigration & Border Control
- Excerpt: "Immigration is a separate issue than border security. Legal immigration should be the only path to citizenship. The system could use reform, and amnesty for illegal immigrants should not be tolerated."
- Excerpt: "The Department of Education needs to be abolished, and education decisions returned to local communities. Local control over schools will allow local communities to educate their children, not the federal government. Federal government control leads to public schools becoming centers of indoctrination."
- The Fed
- Excerpt: "Audit the Fed. With no oversight on the Federal Reserve system, the US government has turned its back on the American people. It is critical to stabilize and restore confidence in the American dollar. It is the obligation of Congress to preserve the dollar, as a strong dollar is a strong economy."
- Spending & Taxes
- Excerpt: "We are over-taxed and we spend too much. We cannot afford to continue. We must change to a fair tax, and we must get our spending under control. A fair tax is a consumption tax, and this is the only tax that works in a free society. We have the right to property, and our income is our property."
|U.S. House, Texas District 4 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ralph Hall Incumbent||45.4%||29,848|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|John Stacy (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$0||$16,025||$(11,647)||$4,377|
Stacy and his wife, Amie, have three children. If elected, Stacy refuses to move his family from Texas and will instead travel back and forth weekly.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Stacy + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 4th Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About John," accessed January 16, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 16, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "John Stacy Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |