For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Washington State Senate, District 40|
|Bachelor's||Western Washington University|
|Place of birth||Anacortes, WA|
|Profession||Founder and Owner of JetPoint Technologies|
Swapp's website lists the following state-level issues:
- Fiscal responsibility
- Excerpt: "The essence of government is finding a balance between the rights of the individual and the good of society. Of course we need sensible rules and regulations. But when we have government employees writing regulations simply to justify their job we end up with an over-regulated society where uncertainty depresses business and job creation."
- Excerpt: "I am from a large family of classroom teachers, now in it's fourth generation. I know that the best way to educate students is to put a good teacher in the classroom. I support smaller class sizes and local control. Let's aim our education money at classroom teaching instead of continually expanding administration and stop adding non-educational requirements to the schools that absorb time & attention."
- Excerpt: "In this district, ferries play a key role in our quality of life. Not only are they the highway to the San Juan Islands, they bring in tourist dollars to our local businesses. I would work hard to maintain funding for the ferry system, while advocating an audit of administrative costs."
- Property rights and the environment
- Excerpt: "I believe these two concepts are not mutually exclusive. Property owners are environmentalists too, and have an interest in preserving our unique and beautiful region. I am, however, a strong proponent of private property rights and will stand firm on that issue."
- Social issues
- Excerpt: "In general, I would like to see less involvement by government in our personal lives."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Swapp ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 40. Swapp advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Kevin Ranker (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 40, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kevin Ranker Incumbent||62.9%||40,677|
|Washington State Senate, District 40 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Democratic||Kevin Ranker Incumbent||59.6%||18,684|
John Swapp ran for the Washington State House of Representatives District 40. He defeated Howard Pellett in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by Democrat Jeff Morris in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 40b Primary (2010)|
|Jeff Morris (D)||18,348||51.56%|
|John Swapp (R)||14,575||40.95%|
|Howard Pellett (G)||2,666||7.49%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Swapp + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Swapp has a wife, Kelly.
- Campaign Website
- Project Vote Smart Profile
- San Juan County Republican Party Profile
- Sample Ballot for Primary election