|Washington State Senate, District 40|
|Bachelor's||Western Washington University|
|Place of birth||Anacortes, WA|
|Profession||Founder and Owner of JetPoint Technologies|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
John Swapp was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 40 of the Washington State Senate.
Swapp's website lists the following state-level issues:
- Excerpt: "The essence of government is finding a balance between the rights of the individual and the good of society. Of course we need sensible rules and regulations. But when we have government employees writing regulations simply to justify their job we end up with an over-regulated society where uncertainty depresses business and job creation."
- Excerpt: "I am from a large family of classroom teachers, now in it's fourth generation. I know that the best way to educate students is to put a good teacher in the classroom. I support smaller class sizes and local control. Let's aim our education money at classroom teaching instead of continually expanding administration and stop adding non-educational requirements to the schools that absorb time & attention."
- Excerpt: "In this district, ferries play a key role in our quality of life. Not only are they the highway to the San Juan Islands, they bring in tourist dollars to our local businesses. I would work hard to maintain funding for the ferry system, while advocating an audit of administrative costs."
- Property rights and the environment
- Excerpt: "I believe these two concepts are not mutually exclusive. Property owners are environmentalists too, and have an interest in preserving our unique and beautiful region. I am, however, a strong proponent of private property rights and will stand firm on that issue."
- Excerpt: "In general, I would like to see less involvement by government in our personal lives."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Swapp ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 40. Swapp advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Kevin Ranker (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 40, General Election, 2012
||Kevin Ranker Incumbent
|| John Swapp
|Washington State Senate, District 40 Blanket Primary, 2012
Kevin Ranker Incumbent
|| Jim Cozad
- See also: Washington State House of Representatives elections, 2010
John Swapp ran for the Washington State House of Representatives District 40. He defeated Howard Pellett in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by Democrat Jeff Morris in the November 2, 2010 general election.
| Washington House of Representatives, District 40b Primary (2010)
| Jeff Morris (D)
| John Swapp (R)
| Howard Pellett (G)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Swapp + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
John Swapp News Feed
Swapp has a wife, Kelly.