John T. McDonald, III
|John McDonald III|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 108|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
McDonald served as the Mayor of the City of Cohoes from 2000-2012.
McDonald earned a BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Albany College of Pharmacy in 1985.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McDonald served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Mental Health|
|• Real Property Taxation|
|• Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
McDonald ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 108. McDonald defeated Carolyn McLaughlin -- who also ran on the Working Families Party ticket -- and Brian Scavo in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He defeated Carolyn McLaughlin and James Campbell in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 108, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John T. McDonald, III||76.3%||28,197|
|Working Families Party||Carolyn McLaughlin||20.7%||7,646|
|New York State Assembly, District 108 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John McDonald III||55.2%||5,045|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
McDonald and his wife, Renee, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + McDonald + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lunch wars: How fast casual took over DC, and why the boom is fading - Washington Post (blog)
- Pro Report: NSA tracks 5 million cellphones a day Exclusive ticktock on how ... - Politico
- New York Times' blind spot on Clinton and race - Salon
- EGCSD asks community to help lobby against additional state funding cuts - Troy Record
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 3 - The State
- Marchione seeks to help vets' businesses - Glens Falls Post-Star
- In Your Schools for Dec. 2, 2013 - Lynchburg News and Advance
- Jeff Moehlis: Come Hear Rosemary Butler's Golden Voice - Noozhawk
- Islanders stars talk life goals at Fayette - liherald.com
- Theater to See in L.A. This Week, Including a Magic Horror Show - LA Weekly (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Steven McLaughlin (R)
|New York Assembly District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |