|North Carolina House of Representatives District 108|
|2010 - Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Vice President, Defense Technologies|
He first worked in Corrugated Converting, and spent 25 years in the industry, working his way from a layout and design specialist to a CEO. After retiring from the industry, he began working in the defense industry and in 2003 he became the Vice President of North Carolina Operations for Defense Technologies, Inc., where he currently serves as the Corporate VP for Business Development. In his political career, he has been the chairman of the Gaston County Republican Party and the Gaston County Commissioner.
Torbett has lived in Stanley for the last 23 years with his wife and their daughter.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Torbett has been appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Appropriations Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on General Government
- Subcommittee on Science and Technology
- Education Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives, Vice Chair
Torbett is running for re-election in 2012. He ran unopposed in the May 8, 2012 Republican primary and faces no opposition in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 108 (2010)|
|John Torbett (R)||15,034||100%|
In 2010, Torbett raised a total of $2,700 in campaign contributions.
His three largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Gaston Anesthesia Associates||$1,000|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$500|
|North Carolina Auto Dealers Association||$500|
Torbett is married and has one child.
- John Torbett's official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- John Torbett on LinkedIn
|North Carolina House - District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |