|Wisconsin State Assembly District 52|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Townsend has announced that he will not run for re-election in 2010.
Townsend has worked as a small business partner/corporate executive, and served in the United States Naval Reserves and Navy.
He is a member of Post 0075 American Legion, Fond du Lac Adult Literacy Advisory Board of the Fond du Lac Arts Council, Fond du Lac Visiting Nurses Association, Post 1904 Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), and Wisconsin Literacy.
- Education Committee
- Renewable Energy and Rural Affairs Committee
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Townsend did not seek re-election in 2010.
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-82 Mobile emergency communications equipped vehicle owned by an amateur radio organization and used exclusively for emergency communications: 5 year registration for set amount allowed
- AB-110 Employment information of applicants for law enforcement positions: law enforcement agency authorized to obtain a court order if necessary; confidentiality, court prohibited disclosure, and exceptions provisions
- AB-331 Orthotic or prosthetic devices and services: health care plans required to cover if prescribed by a physician as medically necessary
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Townsend's 2008 campaign were mostly professional organizations:
|WI Dental Assoc||$500|
|WI Credit Union League||$500|
|WI Manufacturers & Commerce||$500|
|WI Health Care Assoc||$50|
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative John Townsend
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Townsend's Freedom Speaks profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 52
| Succeeded by|
Jeremy Thiesfeldt (R)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |