John W. Forgety
|John W. Forgety|
|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 23|
|January 15, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$171/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||March 28, 1946|
Forgety is retired, and came to office after forty years in the education sector and twenty years in the Tennessee Army National Guard. He is a licensed auctioneer and real estate agent.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Forgety has been appointed to these committees:
Forgety is running in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 23. Forgety is running unopposed in the August 2 primary election. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 23 General Election (2010)|
|John W. Forgety (R)||12,231|
In 2010, when Forgety first won election to the House, he collected $25,788 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$1,000|
Forgety lives near Athens with his wife, Faye.
- John Forgety on the Tennessee State House website
- John Forgety's biography on Project Vote Smart
- John Forgety's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- John Forgety's official campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The University of Tennessee, "2010 incoming legislators: 107th general assembly," Retrieved June 13, 2011.
- ↑ Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Unofficial Republican state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- ↑ Tennessee General election results
- ↑ Follow the Money.org, John Forgety candidate summary, Retrieved June 13, 2011
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|