Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 27|
|Date of birth||03/30/1945|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, WI|
Wierzbicki's website highlights the following campaign themes:
IT IS The Economy
- Excerpt:"Michigan needs jobs, and the State does not create jobs. That is the function of the Private Sector. The State's job is to stay out of the way and to make business conditions favorable for the private sector to grow and hire more."
Public Sector/Teacher Pension Reform
- Excerpt:"It is time for us to make the change to the much less expensive pension program for newly hired teachers. The State Senate proposed this in the last session, but the State House neglected to follow suit. You know where I stand on this issue."
Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt:"I support the right to keep and bear arms. The more citizens who have the opportunity to own a firearm, the safer we all are."
Wierzbicki ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 27. He ran as a Libertarian Party candidate and was defeated by Ellen Lipton (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ellen Lipton Incumbent||75.6%||34,389|
Wierzbicki has a wife, Pat.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Wierzbicki + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- John Wierzbicki on LinkedIn
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |