|Georgia State Senate District 37|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Wiles served in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 1994 to 2002. He ran for re-election again in 2002 but was not elected.
Wiles was Admitted to Practice for the United States District Courts, Northern District of Georgia/Eastern District of Tennessee, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the Georgia Supreme Court, and the Georgia Court of Appeals. He has been a Coach for East Marietta National Little League. He has also worked as Assistant Solicitor for the Cobb County Solicitor's Office. In 1984 he worked for the State Court of Cobb County. He then worked for Mitchell Loggins Campbell and Elsberry from 1985 to 1987. From 1987 to 1988 he worked for Hansell and Post. He has been Managing Partner of Wiles and Wiles, Attorneys at Law, since 1988.
Wiles earned his BA from George Washington University in 1980. He went on to receive his JD from Stetson University College of Law in 1983.
- Administrative Affairs Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Appropriations Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Insurance and Labor Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Special Judiciary Committee, Georgia State Senate
- State and Local Governmental Operations Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Urban Affairs Committee, Georgia State Senate
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Wiles ran for re-election to the 37th District Seat in 2010. He lost to Lindsey Tippins in the July 20 primary by a margin of 11,759-7,765.
On November 4, 2008, Wiles won re-election to the Georgia Senate from Georgia's 37th Senate district. Wiles ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 70,897 votes. Wiles raised $79,884 for his campaign.
In 2008, Wiles collected $79,884 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Mag Mutual Insurance||$4,000|
|Georgia Association of Realtors||$3,300|
|Georgia Medical Association||$2,500|
|Home Builders Association of Georgia||$2,000|
|Georgia Apartment Association||$1,750|
Wiles and his wife, Janel Louise, have five children.
- Sen. Wiles's website
- Biography from the Georgia State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- John Wiles on Facebook
- John Wiles on Twitter
|Georgia State Senate - District 37
| Succeeded by|