John Wilson (Kansas)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 10|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Wilson won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 10. Wilson ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Erica Anderson (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Wilson Incumbent||60.6%||6,047|
Comprehensive donor information for Wilson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wilson raised a total of $22,335 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|John Wilson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 10||$22,335|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,335|
2012Wilson won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $22,335.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Wilson (Kansas)'s campaign in 2012|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Pierce, John & Ardith||$1,000|
|Iamaw District 70||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$22,335|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
John Wilson received a score of 46.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Wilson + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Issues that will dominate the 2014 legislative session - The Kansas City Kansan
- Missouri Lawmakers Plot New Strategy For Defying Gun Laws - Huffington Post
- What was Dell Computer's first name? - Pryor Daily Times
- Ask Mr. Know-It-All: Archie Bunker's 'soul food' - York Dispatch
- North Carolina Politician Pens Resignation Letter In Klingon - Huffington Post
- 2013 Was A Bad Year For Everyone In Washington, Polls Show - Huffington Post
- GOP State Senator Determined To Change One Of The Oddest Term Limit Rules ... - Huffington Post
- Some state berths, controversy in Commerce City sports in 2013 - commercecitysentinel
- 11 GOP Attorneys General Criticize Obama For 'Flatly Illegal' Obamacare Fixes - Huffington Post
- 'What Brand Are You Smoking?' Marijuana Tops List Of New State Laws For 2014 - Huffington Post
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (unofficial)," retrieved June 19, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Kansas General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Wilson, John," Accessed June 12, 2013
- "Kansas Freedom Index"
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Terri Lois Gregory (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|