Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 79|
|1998 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Joannou is an attorney with the firm of Joannou, Knowles & Associates. He earned his B.S. in public administration from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1962 and his L.L.B. from T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond in 1969.
- Privileges and Elections
- Appointments Subcommittee
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- Joint Rules
- Studies Subcommittee
- HB 2431 Underinsured motorist insurance coverage; claim settled for amount exhausting policy limits.
- HB 2432 Asbestos, Lead, and Home Inspectors, Board for; regulation of lead-based paint renovation, etc.
- HB 2652 Campaign contributions; limits thereon for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, etc.
Joannou is running for re-election to the District 79 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Joannou was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Johnny Joannou (D)||13,324|
The top 5 donors to Joannou's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Harry T. Lester||$2,500|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$2,160|
Joannou and his wife, Chris, have one child.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Joannou
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 79
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |