Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 79|
|1998 - Present|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Joannou is an attorney with the firm of Joannou, Knowles & Associates. He earned his B.S. in public administration from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1962 and his L.L.B. from T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond in 1969.
In the 2012-2013 session, Joannou has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Joannou served on the following committees:
- Privileges and Elections
- Appointments Subcommittee
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- Joint Rules
- Studies Subcommittee
- HB 2431 Underinsured motorist insurance coverage; claim settled for amount exhausting policy limits.
- HB 2432 Asbestos, Lead, and Home Inspectors, Board for; regulation of lead-based paint renovation, etc.
- HB 2652 Campaign contributions; limits thereon for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, etc.
In 2009, Joannou was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Johnny Joannou (D)||13,324|
The top 5 donors to Joannou's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Harry T. Lester||$2,500|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$2,160|
Joannou and his wife, Chris, have one child.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Joannou
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 79
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |