For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 79|
|1998 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Virginia State Senate|
|1984 to 1991.|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond|
|Date of birth||04/22/1940|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Joannou served in the Virginia State Senate from 1984 to 1991.
Joannou earned his B.S. in public administration from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1962 and his L.L.B. from T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond in 1969. Joannou is an attorney with the firm of Joannou, Knowles & Associates.
In the 2012-2013 session, Joannou served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Joannou served on the following committees:
- Privileges and Elections
- Appointments Subcommittee
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- Joint Rules
- Studies Subcommittee
- HB 2431 Underinsured motorist insurance coverage; claim settled for amount exhausting policy limits.
- HB 2432 Asbestos, Lead, and Home Inspectors, Board for; regulation of lead-based paint renovation, etc.
- HB 2652 Campaign contributions; limits thereon for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, etc.
Joannou won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 79. Joannou ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. He was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Joannou was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Johnny Joannou (D)||13,324|
In 2011, Joannou received $83,364 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Johnny Joannou's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Cable Telecommunications Association||$2,000|
|Community Loans Of America||$2,000|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$83,364|
Listed below are the top five donors to Joannou's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Harry T. Lester||$2,500|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$2,160|
Joannou and his wife, Chris, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Johnny + Joannou + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Joannou
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Joannou
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 79
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |