|Michigan House of Representatives District 100|
| Assumed office|
January 1, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Bumstead is the owner of Bumstead Construction, and has served as owner for the past 30 years.
Bumstead is a member of the Building Trades program in the Vocational Education program at Career Tech Educational Center in Fremont, Michigan.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bumstead has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Education
- Subcommittee on Environmental Quality, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Human Services
- Subcommittee on Natural Resources, Chair
- Subcommittee on School Aid
Bumstead won election to the District 100 Seat in 2010. He defeated Jane Drake, Marc Libants and Scott Tillman in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Bill Richards (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 100 General election (2010)|
|Jon Bumstead (R)||17,174|
|Bill Richards (D)||8,704|
|Nathaniel Hren (L)||725|
In 2010, Bumstead raised $59,836 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$2,150|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$1,000|
Bumstead and his wife Eb have three children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010