|Running for Attorney General of Maryland|
|Date of primary||June 24, 2014|
|Maryland House of Delegates District 11|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Tufts University, 1992|
|Master's||Baltimore Hebrew University, 1996|
|J.D.||University of Maryland, 2001|
|Date of birth||January 12, 1970|
|Place of birth||Baltimore, MD|
Cardin was a candidate for the open seat of Attorney General of Maryland in the 2014 election. He sought the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Cardin's professional experience includes working as an Attorney with Cardin and Gitomer, Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable William D. Quarles, Circut Court for Baltimore City, Coordinator of the Legislative Process Seminar at The Washington Institute, Advocacy Network Designer and Facilitator for CFL, Executive Director of the Project Judaica Foundation, and a Spanish teacher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cardin served on these committees:
- Special Advisory Committee on Legislative Data Systems
- Subcommittee on Election Law, Chair
- Subcommittee on Vice Chair's
- Ways & Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cardin served on these committees:
- Ways & Means
- Subcommittee on Election Law (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Vice Chair's
- See also: Maryland attorney general election, 2014
Cardin announced his 2014 candidacy for Attorney General of Maryland in a Youtube video, released July 22, 2013.  He sought the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 11 General Election (2010)|
|Jon Cardin (D)||32,211|
|Dan Morhaim (D)||28,129|
|Dana Stein (D)||28,034|
|Michael Collins (R)||13,971|
|Carol Byrd (R)||13,952|
|Steven Smith (R)||13,647|
|Brandon Brooks (L)||2,341|
On November 7, 2006, Jon Cardin ran for District 11 of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the first of three seats, beating Dan Morhaim, Dana Stein, Patrick Dyer, Patrick Abbondandolo, and Dave Goldsmith.
Jon Cardin raised $73,366 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 11|
|Jon Cardin (D)||32,747||25.8%|
|Dan Morhaim (D)||31,185||24.6%|
|Dana Stein (D)||30,481||24.0%|
|Patrick Dyer (R)||13,904||11.0%|
|Patrick Abbondandolo (R)||12,822||10.1%|
|Dave Goldsmith (G)||5,435||4.3%|
In 2010, a year in which Cardin was up for re-election, he collected $74,158 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jon Cardin's campaign in 2010|
|Plotkin, Joel F||$1,500|
|Mid-Atlantic Laborers Political Education Fund||$1,000|
|Westwinds Apartments Ii||$1,000|
|Cardin, Steven H||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$74,158|
In 2006 Jon Cardin collected $73,366 in donations.
His eight largest contributors in 2006 were:
|222 Holding LLC||$1,000|
Cardin is Chair of the Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, and a member of the Task Force on Comparable Testing Methods for the Maryland High School Assessments, Task Force to Study the Dynamics of Elderly and Retiree Migration into and out of Maryland, and the Maryland Green Caucus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jon + Cardin + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Jon Cardin
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Jon Cardin for Attorney General 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Welcome," accessed September 9, 2013
- Washington Post, "Del. Jon Cardin launches campaign for Maryland attorney general with Web video," July 22, 2013, accessed July 31, 2013
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Cardin's 2006 campaign contributions
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Jon Cardin
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cardin
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |