For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 19|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Richards has worked as an attorney and an English teacher in Japan. He is a member of a number of organizations, including the American Council of Young Political Leaders, Bay View Neighborhood Association, Immanuel Presbyterian Church, Milwaukee Bar Association, and the Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corps.
- Rules Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee
- Energy and Utilities Committee
- Health and Healthcare Reform Committee (Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 4, 2008, Richards won reelection to Assembly District 19, receiving 98.52% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 19|
|Jon Richards (D)||25,2821|
Legislation sponsored in 2009:
- AB-70 Background checks for handgun purchasers: DOJ required to check for court order or finding rendering the person ineligible under federal law re mental health status; courts required to determine ineligibility and other duties; person may petition court to cancel the order
- AB-118 Health insurance policy coverage of dependents: requirements expanded to include children under 27 years of age under set conditions, including full-time student status and National Guard or reserves service
- AB-253 Smoking prohibitions: designated smoking area prohibited in public places and places of employment, a few exceptions specified; certain existing exceptions eliminated; smoking in sports arenas, private clubs, and bus shelters specifically prohibited; enforcement by person in charge required
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
Rep. Richards speaking at a Milwaukee Rally
The top 5 donors to Richards' 2008 campaign:
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|Managed Health Services Insurance Corp||$500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 75||$500|
|WI Pipe Trades||$500|
|Roberts, John L||$500|
- Representative Richards' website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Jon Richards
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Representative Richards's facebook
- Representative Richards's twitter
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |