For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Running for U.S. House of Representatives, Maine's 1st Congressional District|
|Date of primary||June 12, 2012|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
|Maine State Senate District 3|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||7|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Maine State Senate|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (1st session), $10,082/year (2nd)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Maine House of Representatives|
Courtney is the owner of a cleaning business in addition to being a State senator.
- 2002-2004: Maine House of Representatives
- 2004-Present: Maine State Senate
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Courtney has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Courtney served on these committees:
- State and Local Government
- Joint Select Committee on Joint Rules
- Senatorial Vote
- Senate Rules
- Legislative Council
Courtney represents Maine Senate District 3. District 3 includes a portion of York County.
Courtney is not running for re-election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. Instead, he is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Maine's 1st District. Courtney is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. Incumbent Chellie Pingree is running unopposed in the Democratic primary. Courtney faces Patrick Calder in the Republican primary. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was March 15, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 12, 2012.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Courtney won re-election to the 3rd District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Robert Stackpole ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 3|
|Jonathan Courtney (R)||8,586||57%|
|Robert Stackpole (D)||5,758||38%|
Courtney raised $50,652 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 3|
|Jonathan Courtney (R)||9,583|
|Robert Stackpole (D)||9,031|
In 2010, Johnathan Courtney collected $21,508 in donations. 
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
In 2008 Johnathan Courtney collected $50,652 in donations. 
His largest contributors in 2008 were:
Jonathan is married with three children and reside in Springvale, Maine.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jonathan + Courtney + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Maine State Senate website
- Maine Senate Republicans profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Courtney on LinkedIn
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Campaign website
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Maine Elected Officials and Leaders," February 6, 2012
- "Maine Senate" Senator Listing by County
- Maine Official Election Results
- Maine State Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Courtney's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 contributors to Johnathan Courtney
- 2008 contributors to Johnathan Courtney
|Maine Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |