Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, South Carolina, District 1|
Hoffman is running for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of South Carolina. The election is being held to replace Tim Scott, who was appointed to fill Jim DeMint's vacant seat in the U.S. Senate. Hoffman is running in the Republican primary against Keith Blandford, Curtis Bostic, Ric Bryant, Larry Grooms, Jeff King, John Kuhn, Tim Larkin, Chip Limehouse, Peter McCoy, Elizabeth Moffly, Ray Nash, Andy Patrick, Shawn Pinkston, Mark Sanford and Teddy Turner on March 19, 2013. The general election takes place on May 7, 2013.
Former Governor Mark Sanford is seen as the front runner due to name recognition and the fact that he has $120,000 in an old campaign account. This coupled with his ability to fundraise quickly gives him a leg up on the field. This is also his former seat in the U.S. House of Representatives that he held for three terms, prior to being elected governor.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jonathan + Hoffman + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina Radio Network "List of 19 candidates running for District 1 seat," January 28, 2013
- Washington Post "Scott's departure for Senate will trigger third special House election in 2013," December 17, 2012
- South Carolina Republican Party Website "1st Congressional Special Election details set," accessed January 3, 2013
- Roll Call "Sanford Likely Front-Runner in S.C. Special Election," January 3, 2013
- Salon.com "Ted Turner’s son vying in SC congressional primary," January 23, 2013
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "Davis, Medel Jackson, (1942-2007)," accessed January 28, 2013