|Louisiana House of Representatives District 47|
Candidate, Senate District 26
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 9, 2012
Perry is an attorney. He earned his JD from Southern Law Center, and BA in Criminal Justice/Sociology from Northeast Louisiana University.
He is the Chair of the Acadiana Delegation, and a member of the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation, and the Louisiana Rural Caucus.
Perry's 2011 special election campaign site emphasizes several key policy positions and campaign themes:
- Empowering Families and Protecting Our Children's Future: "A loving husband and father of four, Jonathan Perry is a pro-life, pro-family leader. He was appointed by Governor Bobby Jindal to serve on the Louisiana Commission on Family and Marriage and has been awarded "Outstanding Family Advocate" three years in a row by the Louisiana Family Forum. In 2009, Perry received the annual "Life and Liberty Award" for his pro-family legislation. Jonathan is committed to protecting life and protecting our conservative Louisiana values."
- Creating Good Jobs and a Stronger Economy: "Jonathan Perry understands that we must ensure our small businesses keep more of what they earn so they can reinvest and hire new workers. He will lead the fight against any new taxes, fees or new government regulations that will hurt Louisiana businesses. And Jonathan voted to keep ObamaCare's massive new costs and tax increases out of Louisiana."
- Fighting For Smaller Government: "Government is taking more of our money and eroding more of our freedoms than ever before. We must stop this abuse of our tax dollars before it is too late. Jonathan Perry voted against the legislative pay raise, opposed all new taxes and fees and believes that if we cut the waste in government, we can fund our priorities without taking more money out of the pockets of Louisiana families."
- Protecting Our Communities and Conserving Our Natural Resources: "Jonathan Perry is committed to working to rebuild Erath, Henry, Pecan Island, Forked Island, Cow Island and all rural areas of Vermillion, Acadia & Lafayette Parishes affected by Hurricane Rita. Jonathan will continue to work to see that not only their quality of life is restored, but to also give their communities safe, sustainable futures. And Jonathan Perry is committed to maintaining and supporting our rice, sugar, and cattle industry while also working to protect out fisheries, culture, recreation, and tourism."
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 47 (2007)|
|Jonathan Perry (R)||8,262|
|Francis J. Plaisance (D)||4,598|
|Brodney Mouton (D)||2,238|
- Administration of Criminal Justice
- Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture and Rural Development
- Ways and Means
- 2011 Campaign Site
- Candidate Facebook profile
- Campaign Twitter profile
- Louisiana House of Representatives - Rep. Jonathan Perry
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Perry
- [http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=LA&y=2007#fHOUSE001 Official Louisiana House 2007 General Election Results
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |