For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Louisiana Senate District 26|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Perry is an attorney. He earned his JD from Southern Law Center, and BA in Criminal Justice/Sociology from Northeast Louisiana University. He is the Chair of the Acadiana Delegation, and a member of the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation, and the Louisiana Rural Caucus.
Perry's 2011 special election campaign site emphasizes several key policy positions and campaign themes:
- Empowering Families and Protecting Our Children's Future: "A loving husband and father of four, Jonathan Perry is a pro-life, pro-family leader. He was appointed by Governor Bobby Jindal to serve on the Louisiana Commission on Family and Marriage and has been awarded "Outstanding Family Advocate" three years in a row by the Louisiana Family Forum. In 2009, Perry received the annual "Life and Liberty Award" for his pro-family legislation. Jonathan is committed to protecting life and protecting our conservative Louisiana values."
- Creating Good Jobs and a Stronger Economy: "Jonathan Perry understands that we must ensure our small businesses keep more of what they earn so they can reinvest and hire new workers. He will lead the fight against any new taxes, fees or new government regulations that will hurt Louisiana businesses. And Jonathan voted to keep ObamaCare's massive new costs and tax increases out of Louisiana."
- Fighting For Smaller Government: "Government is taking more of our money and eroding more of our freedoms than ever before. We must stop this abuse of our tax dollars before it is too late. Jonathan Perry voted against the legislative pay raise, opposed all new taxes and fees and believes that if we cut the waste in government, we can fund our priorities without taking more money out of the pockets of Louisiana families."
- Protecting Our Communities and Conserving Our Natural Resources: "Jonathan Perry is committed to working to rebuild Erath, Henry, Pecan Island, Forked Island, Cow Island and all rural areas of Vermillion, Acadia & Lafayette Parishes affected by Hurricane Rita. Jonathan will continue to work to see that not only their quality of life is restored, but to also give their communities safe, sustainable futures. And Jonathan Perry is committed to maintaining and supporting our rice, sugar, and cattle industry while also working to protect out fisheries, culture, recreation, and tourism."
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Perry has been appointed to the following committees:
- Capital Outlay
- Insurance Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Judiciary C Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Local & Municipal Affairs Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Retirement Committee, Louisiana State Senate
In the 2008-2009 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees while a member of the House:
- Administration of Criminal Justice
- Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture and Rural Development
- Ways and Means
Perry defeated Nathan Granger (D) in the District 26 special election for the Louisiana State Senate. According to unofficial results, Perry received 52 percent of the vote and Granger garnered 48 percent.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 47 (2007)|
|Jonathan Perry (R)||8,262|
|Francis J. Plaisance (D)||4,598|
|Brodney Mouton (D)||2,238|
- 2011 Campaign Site
- Candidate Facebook profile
- Campaign Twitter profile
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
Nick Gautreaux (R)
|Louisiana State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
Bob Hensgens (R)