|Texas State House, District 124|
|2001 - Present|
|January 11, 2013|
|Years in position||14|
|Per diem||$150 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Menendez received his BBA/BA from Southern Methodist University. He has worked as a commercial marketing executive and as Director of Multicultural Markets.
Jose Menendez serves on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
- Licensing & Administrative Procedures Committee, Texas House
- State Affairs Committee, Texas House (Vice Chair)
Menendez did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- HB 219 - Relating to an offense of using a wireless communication device while operating a motor vehicle in a school crossing zone.
- HB 220 - Relating to prohibitions on the use of a wireless communication device while operating a motor vehicle.
- HB 1232 - Relating to establishing a local behavioral health intervention pilot project.
- HB 1233 - Relating to the court-ordered administration of psychoactive medication to certain criminal defendants.
Menendez is running in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 124. The primary election takes place on May 29, 2012 and the general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 124 |
2010 General election results
|Jose Menendez (D)||15,260||79.22%|
|Douglas Hanson (L)||4,001||20.77%|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 124|
|Jose Menendez (D)||36,557||100.00%|
Menendez raised a total of $250,749 in 2010. Below are his top 5 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers||$5,615|
|Texans Gaming Association||$5,000|
|Texas Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Pratt Sr., Jack||$5,000|
Menendez raised $183,010 in 2008. His top 5 campaign contributors are listed below.
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$7,500|
|Bob J & Doylene Perry||$5,000|
|Bob J Perry||$5,000|
|San Antonio Fire Fighters||$5,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Jose Menendez received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Jose Menendez's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Menendez
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Texas 20/20 PAC profile
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 124 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- Jose Menendez on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Menendez
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Menendez Issue Positions
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Menendez
- Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 124 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 124
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |