|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 30|
Bogdan's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Our dependence on Chinese imports has destroyed many American technology and manufacturing jobs. Their government harasses our allies in Asia while we contribute to the growth of this hostile superpower."
- Excerpt: "We need to protect ourselves from terrorists and potential threats, but the government is targeting everyone instead of just the people who are actually threats."
War & peace
- Excerpt: "The lives of America’s military personnel should not be expended on things the locals can and should fix on their own. We need to work smarter, not harder."
- Excerpt: "Free trade does not come “free.” The discontinuation of a particular type of tax means that the money must be raised elsewhere or that government expenditures must be cut. It also means that tax cuts cannot be appropriated to other areas."
- Excerpt: "The current immigration quotas are totally inadequate compared to the number of people who want to enter the United States legally."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Bo Karpinsky defeated Joseph Bogdan in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jeff Farrington was unopposed in the Republican primary. Farrington defeated Karpinsky in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 30 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeff Farrington Incumbent||54.8%||12,654|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 30 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Bogdan ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 30. He defeated Nick Najjar in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Jeff Farrington (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeff Farrington Incumbent||53.3%||18,160|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 30 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Bogdan + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 30
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Joseph Bogdan on Facebook
- Joseph Bogdan on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- josephbogdan.com, "Official campaign website," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |