Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 16|
|Bachelor's||The College of New Rochelle|
|Master's||Long Island University|
|Place of birth||Yonkers, New York|
Diaferia holds a bachelors from The College of New Rochelle, a masters from Long Island University and a masters from Walden University and has worked on his doctorate in public policy at Walden University.
Diaferia listed several of his campaign themes on his website:
- "Clean and renewable energy.
- Removal of all troops and covert operatives from the Middle East and Central Asia.
- National health care and a federal law allowing Americans to choose between traditional and alternative medicines
- A comprehensive employment and training program.
- A repeal of the USA/PATRIOT Act, and the public censure of all federal officials who supported it.
- A reduction of defense spending to a level commensurate with defense.
- A complete ban on Hydro-fracking.
- An end to nuclear power, beginning with the permanent closure of the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant.
- A Constitutional amendment guaranteeing Americans the right to employment, health care, and housing.
- Laws governing drug possession that emphasize treatment rather than incarceration, and an end to the prison industrial complex.
- An end to “Stop and Frisk”.
- Fair and inclusive immigration reform.
- Reproductive choice.
- Marriage equality.
- An end to corporate personhood.
- Free and fair elections in the United States including, proportional representation, a ban on computerized voting, an end to voter supression and enrollment purges, and an end to the Electoral College.
- A National Truth Commission to investigate and/or expose all US atrocities committed at home and abroad since World War II. Establishment of said commission would include a serious investigation into the events of September 11, 2001.
- Prosecution of all war criminals, beginning with the arrest and prosecution of Henry Kissinger for his role in planning the destruction of Cambodia, and the assassination of Chilean President Salvador Allende.
- The dissolution of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- United Nations reform.
- Palestinian Statehood."
Diaferia ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 16th District. He sought the nomination on the Green Party ticket. He was unopposed in the primary and faced incumbent Eliot Engel (D) and Joseph McLaughlin (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Engel won.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joseph + Diaferia + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |