Difference between revisions of "Joseph Garcia"
|Line 235:||Line 235:|
2014 U.S. House
Revision as of 14:15, 2 August 2013
|Lieutenant Governor of Colorado|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Predecessor||Barbara O'Brien (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|President of CSU-Pueblo|
|2007 - 2010|
|High school||T.C. Williams High School (1975)|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado at Boulder (1979)|
|J.D.||Harvard University (1983)|
|Date of birth||March 21, 1957|
Garcia was president of Pikes Peak Community College from 2001 to 2006. He has also worked as the executive director of Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, the president of Colorado State University-Colorado Springs, lecturer at Colorado University-Colorado Springs, Colorado University-Denver, Colorado College, and Pikes Peak Community College, and as a litigation partner at Holme Roberts and Owen.
- Lathrop High School (1975)
- T.C. Williams High School (1975)
- B.S. in Business - University of Colorado at Boulder (1979)
- J.D. - Harvard University (1983)
Colorado Lieutenant Governor (2011-Present)
|2010 Colorado lieutenant gubernatorial general election|
|Democratic Party||Joseph Garcia||51.01%|
|Republican Party||Tambor Williams||11.13%|
|Constitution Party||Pat Miller||36.43%|
|Libertarian Party||Ken Wyble||0.74%|
|Independent||Victoria A. Adams||0.48%|
|Independent||Heather A. McKibben||0.19%|
|write-in||Ed E. Coron||>0.01%|
|write-in||Antoinette M. Schaeffer||>0.01%|
|write-in||Stephanie L. Mercer||>0.01%|
Comprehensive donor information for Garcia is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Garcia raised a total of $4,579,658 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Joseph Garcia's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Lieutenant Governor of Colorado||$552,457|
|2010||Lieutenant Governor of Colorado||$4,027,201|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,579,658|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Joseph Garcia & John Hickenlooper's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Joseph Garcia & John Hickenlooper's Campaign Contributions|
Colorado Lieutenant Governor/Governor
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,222,522 (Amer. Constitution)|
|Top 5 contributors||Colorado Democratic Party||$164,824|
|Colorado Education Association||$10,600|
|Colorado Association of Realtors Small Donor Committee||$10,600|
|Colorado Wins SDC||$10,300|
|Colorado Federation of Teachers||$10,000|
Garcia and his wife, Claire, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Garcia + Colorado + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart "Biography" Accessed September 27, 2012
- Lieutenant Governor Joe Garcia Facebook Page "Info" Accessed September 27, 2012
- Roll Call, "Farm Team: In Colorado, Ambitious Democrats Hit New Ceiling," March 28, 2013
- 'Colorado Secretary of State', "COLORADO CUMULATIVE REPORT: OFFICIAL RESULTS - GENERAL ELECTION", November 29, 2010
- Follow the Money, "Career financing for John Hickenlooper and Joseph Garcia," accessed July 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
- Project VoteSmart, "Bio of Joseph Garcia," accessed July 11, 2011.
Barbara O'Brien (D)
|Lieutenant Governor of Colorado
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|