|New York State Assembly District 148|
|2005 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||10|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Buffalo|
Giglio's professional experiences include special assistant to Attorney General Dennis Vacco; Cattaraugus County Sheriff Department; New York State Deputy Inspector General for the Erie County Sheriff Department; small business owner; and deputy inspector general for the State of New York.
Giglio earned a BA from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He and his wife, Ann Marie, have four children. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Giglio has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Giglio served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Giglio is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 148. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated Daniel J. Brown in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 148, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joseph Giglio Incumbent||64.9%||28,873|
|Democratic||Daniel J. Brown||35.1%||15,636|
|New York State Assembly, District 149 2010|
|Joseph Giglio (R)||23,916|
|Travis C. Lecceadone (D)||8,247|
On November 4, 2008 Giglio won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 149, defeating opponent Patrick Eaton (D).
Giglio raised $28,133 for his campaign while Eaton raised $2,625.
|New York State Assembly, District 149 2008|
|Joseph Giglio (R)||26,343|
|Patrick Eaton (D)||14,284|
In 2010, Giglio received $17,049 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Giglio's campaign in 2010|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$2,000|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,000|
|Seneca Nation Of Indians||$1,000|
|Posi Venture Inc||$500|
|Gernatt Asphalt Products||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$17,049|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joseph + Giglio + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Joseph Giglio
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Giglio
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
Raymond Walter (R)
|New York Assembly District 148
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 149
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |