|Maryland Secretary of Natural Resources|
|May 21, 2013 - present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Martin O'Malley (D)|
|Deputy Secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Bachelor's||University of Notre Dame (1979)|
|J.D.||Georgetown University (1982)|
|Place of birth||Buffalo, New York|
Gill is a native of Buffalo, New York. He attended the University of Notre Dame for his undergraduate degree and in 1982 he graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center. Gill began his career as a law clerk for the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and later earned admission to the Maryland Bar. In 1987, Gill took a job with the Maryland Attorney General's office as Assistant Attorney General in Contract Litigation. He eventually became Deputy Counsel for the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- A.B in liberal studies - University of Notre Dame (1979)
- J.D. - Georgetown University Law Center (1982)
Secretary of Natural Resources (2013-present)
Gill assumed office as Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources on May 21, 2013. He succeeded six-year officeholder John Griffin upon Griffin's appointment as Chief of Staff to Governor O'Malley.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Gill + Maryland + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland Secretary of Natural Resources
- Natural Resources Commissioner
- Governor of Maryland
- Current Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley
- Maryland Manual Online, "Governor's Staff," accessed May 23, 2013
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources, "Secretary," accessed May 23, 2013
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources, "Joseph P. Gill," accessed May 23, 2013
- Maryland Governor's Office, " Biography of ...John R. Griffin, Governor of Maryland Chief of Staff," May 20, 2013
- Chief of Staff
|Maryland Secretary of Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|