|Michigan House of Representatives District 51|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||February 28, 2012|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
On January 20, the District 51 candidates participated in a debate sponsored by the Flint Area League of Women Voters.
- A video of the full debate can be found here.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Joseph Graves received a 60% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
- MLive, "Republicans select Genesee County Commissioner Joseph Graves for 51st District special election," November 22, 2011
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce, "Michigan Chamber Endorses Joe Graves for State Representative in 51st House District," February 2, 2012
- Detroit Free Press, "Michigan Republicans vow to reclaim seat of recalled state Rep. Paul Scott," November 9, 2011
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 7, 2012
- MLive, "Art Reyes, Democrat who lost to Paul Scott in 2010, considering running in special election," November 10, 2011
- Genesee County Elections Dept., Official Candidate List, December 20, 2011
- Michigan Secretary of State, 51st District, Unofficial election results, accessed February 29, 2012
- MLive, "Candidates looking to replace former House Rep. Paul Scott in 51st District debate in Grand Blanc," January 20, 2012
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 51
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |