Joseph Lister Hubbard
|Joseph Lister Hubbard|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 73|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||Included in salary|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Cumberland School of Law|
|Place of birth||Montgomery, AL|
Hubbard graduated from Huntingdon College. He went on to receive his JD from Cumberland School of Law. He then served as a law clerk for Justice Champ Lyons of the Alabama Supreme Court. Hubbard then began practicing law in Montgomery. He is currently employed with Webb & Eley. He has also served as a legislative analyst for the Alabama House of Representatives' Public Safety Committee.
Hubbard has been appointed to these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agency and Commission Issues
- Subcommittee on Professional Qualifications
- Subcommittee on Regulations (Economic Development and Tourism)
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 73 General Election (2010)|
|Joseph Lister Hubbard (D)||8,137|
|David Grimes (R)||7,825|
Hubbard's website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We will work with our Mayor, City Council, and County Commission to find new ways to bring quality, sustainable jobs to Montgomery; we must support and nurture the small businesses that are an integral part of the local economy. "
- Excerpt: "If we all take ownership of Montgomery’s school system, we will all see the benefits, through a highly trained workforce, highly educated individuals who embrace the idea of lifetime learning, and property values that reflect a top tier school system. "
- Ethics Reform
- Excerpt: "We must disclose all business that is conducted in the Statehouse, including opening the ‘closed door’ attitude where king–makers work without the knowledge of the public."
In 2010, Hubbard raised $247,289 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Democratic State Executive Cmte||$27,250|
|Alabama Education Association||$24,353|
|Alabama State Democratic Executive Cmte||$20,000|
Hubbard and his wife Ashley have one child.
- Joseph Lister Hubbard's campaign website
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Joseph Lister Hubbard on Facebook
|Alabama House District 73
| Succeeded by|