|New Jersey State Senate, District 13|
|Bachelor's||Farleigh Dickinson University|
|Place of birth||North Arlington|
|Profession||Mortgage Loan Originator|
Marques received a B.S. in Business Education from Farleigh Dickinson University. He has worked as a high school teacher and a business owner. Marques is currently a Mortgage Loan Originator with Residential Home Funding Corp.
Marques' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Job Growth: "Its time to bring jobs back to New Jersey. In recent years, many large firms have fled New Jersey for other states and with them, thousands of good-paying jobs. Being one of the most highly educated workforces in the world, its time to create a new forward-looking business and labor paradigm that utilizes our greatest asset: our superior workforce."
- Taxes: "Stabilization of taxes is one of our greatest challenges. The time has come to have meaningful dialogue in the area of how we finance the State of New Jersey. New Jersey has some of the highest taxes: sales tax, property tax and income tax, yet we are increasingly looking for new ways to raise money. Its time for smarter government, not bigger government."
- Sandy Relief: "We need to work harder to restore homes and business affected by Superstorm Sandy. There is no doubt that Sandy was one of the largest natural disasters to ever impact New Jersey, yet we were ill-prepared to handle the restoration phase. Our State needs to have solid processes in place that will funnel appropriate financial and labor resources to affected areas in a more timely and organized fashion."
- Small Business: "The small business owner is the backbone of our economy. In conjunction with job growth initiatives and tax stabilization, its time to make New Jersey a friendlier place to conduct business. Incentives are the key to establishing new businesses as well as expanding existing ones."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Marques ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 13. Marques was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Joseph Kyrillos (R) in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013. 
In 2013, Marques' endorsements included the following: 
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
Marques and his wife, Diana, have two children. They currently reside in Hazlet, New Jersey. Marques has been involved with the Hazlet 5K Run and Residents Against Giant Electric.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Marques + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- LinkedIn page
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- "Joe Marques for New Jersey State Senate", "Issues", Accessed September 3, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 3, 2013