Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 132|
|1991 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||23|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Geneseo, 1986|
|Place of birth||Utica, NY|
|Profession||President/Chief Executive Officer, MMI Technologies, Inc|
Morelle is president and chief executive officer of MMI Technologies, Incorporated.
Morelle earned his BA in political science from the State University of New York at Geneseo. He and his wife, Mary Beth, have three children; Lauren, Joseph, and Nicholas.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Morelle has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Morelle served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Morelle ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Mark Scuderi (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 132 2010|
|Joseph Morelle (D)||24,640|
|Mark Scuderi (R)||15,772|
On November 4, 2008 Morelle won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 132. He ran unopposed.
Morelle raised $515,803 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 132 2008|
|Joseph Morelle (D)||41,690|
In 2010, Morelle received $584,426 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Morelle's campaign in 2010|
|Life Insurance Council Of New York||$7,900|
|New York Health Plan Association||$7,000|
|Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers Of New York||$5,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$584,426|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Joseph Morelle
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 132
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |