was a Republican candidate
for District 7
of the Maine State Senate
. The primary election
was on June 8, 2010 and the general election was on November 2
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
After a recount, Palmieri was defeated by Democratic incumbent Lawrence Bliss in the November 2 general election.
| Maine State Senate, District 7
| Lawrence Bliss (D)
| Joseph Palmieri (R)
In the June 8th primary election, Palmieri ran unopposed. 
| Kentucky State Senate, District 1 - Republican Primary (2010)
| Joseph Palmieri
Palmieri's campaign website lists several main issues: 
- Jobs - create new, and protect the existing. "Stop new jobs from leaving Maine - and taking our children and grandchildren with them."
- Taxes - "Ensure families and small businesses keep more of what they earn."
- Spending - "Stop Augusta from wasting one more penny of our tax dollars."
- Budget - Prioritize spending and balance the budget - without raising taxes without Federal bailouts."