For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 14, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Scapa is a realtor and substitute teacher.
Scapa attended Wichita State University and Tabor College.
Scapa served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Economic Development Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Financial Institutions Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Vision 2020 Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
Scapa ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 89. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Patricia M. Sloop (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joseph Scapa Incumbent||46.8%||3,226|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87 General Election (2010)|
|Joseph Scapa (R)||4,123|
|Om Chauhan (D)||2,179|
Scapa was endorsed by:
- Kansans for Liberty 
In 2010, Scapa raised $22,571 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Scapa, Joseph & Meliss||$7,500|
|4Th District Republican Cmte||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Scapa + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- Kansans for Liberty
- 2010 contributions
Raj Goyle (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |