|Montana State Senate District 13|
| Term in office began|
2003 (District 24), 2007 (District 13)
| Term in office ended|
Tropila earned his BS from the University of Great Falls in 1961.
Tropila was a Staff Sergeant in the United States Air Force from 1953 to 1957. He then worked as a Natural Gas Engineer from 1961 to 1965. From 1965 to 1988 he was a Restaurant/Lounge Owner.
Tropila was a Clerk/Recorder for Cascade County from 1981 to 1993. He served in the Montana State House of Representatives from 1975 to 1980 and again from 1994 to 2002. He then joined the Montana State Senate in 2003. He has served in that position since, representing the 14th district.
- Business, Labor, and Economic Affairs Committee, Montana Senate
- Energy and Telecommunications Committee, Montana Senate
- Fish and Game Committee, Montana Senate
- State Administration Committee, Montana Senate
|Montana State Senate, District 13 (2006)|
|Joe Tropila (D)||5,855|
In 2006, Tropila collected $3,265 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Montanan Building Industry Association||$130|
|Montana Public Employees Association||$130|
|Montana Medical Association||$130|
Tropila and his wife, Mary, have four children.
- Joseph Tropila's official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
|Montana Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|