|New Jersey State Senate District 19|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||17|
|Deputy Majority Leader, New Jersey State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|High school||John F. Kennedy High School|
|Date of birth||November 10, 1954|
|Place of birth||Elizabeth, NJ|
Vitale graduated from John F. Kennedy High School. He is the president of Vitale Sign Corporation. Vitale was the chairman of the Woodbridge Township Democratic Party from 1992 to 1997.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Vitale served on these committees:
- Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens, Chair
- Budget and Appropriations
- Budget and Appropriations (Budget Hearings Only)
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Vitale ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 19. Vitale was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary and is challenged by Robert Luban (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Vitale won re-election to the District 18 State Senate seat. He ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary election. Vitale defeated Republican candidate Paul Lund in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 19 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Joseph Vitale Incumbent||66.9%||18,623|
In 2007, Vitale was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 19. Vitale (D) finished with 18,864 votes and was followed by Donald Nelson (R) with 9,557 votes. Vitale raised $357,200 for his campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 19 (2007)|
|Joseph Vitale (D)||18,864|
|Donald Nelson (R)||9,557|
In 2011, Vitale received $203,939 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Vitale's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$5,600|
|Communications Workers New Jersey||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$5,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$203,939|
|Total Votes received in 2011||18,623|
|Cost of each vote received||$10.95|
In 2007, Vitale collected $357,200 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Medical Society of New Jersey||$16,400|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$12,200|
|New Jersey Dental Society||$8,700|
|New Jersey Hospital Association||$7,600|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$6,500|
Vitale represents New Jersey Senate District 19, which includes the city of South Amboy, New Jersey.
Vitale was endorsed by:
Vitale and his wife, Robin, currently reside in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Vitale + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Joe Vitale's personal website
- Official website of Joseph Vitale
- Joseph Vitale legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Joseph Vitale biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Democratic Party biography of Joseph Vitale
- Facebook page
- Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- Joseph Vitale at Project Vote Smart
- Middlesex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|