|Illinois House of Representatives, District 100|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Carrollton High School|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University|
|J.D.||St. Louis University School of Law|
|Years of service||4|
Following his graduation from Carrollton High School, he joined the United States Air Force in 2005 as a joint terminal attack controller. After serving in deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, Evans was discharged in 2009.
Evans went on to earn his bachelor's degree from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale and his J.D. from St. Louis University School of Law.
Evans currently works as an attorney is Jerseyville, Illinois.
Evans listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Environment: "[Evans] plans on cutting back on regulation that impacts farmers all the while keeping important environmental laws that will ensure our hunters and sportsmen will be able to enjoy our most precious commodity for generations to come...[Evans] plans to lobby Congress to send the US Corp of Army Engineers to survey the Pike County levees and build them up."
- Second Amendment: "[Evans] favors conceal and carry and plans to institute legislation that will preclude law-abiding gun owners from being subjected to searches or seizures based on their Constitutional right to possess firearms."
- Veterans: "[Evans] plans on introducing legislation that will increase the tax incentive for hiring veterans to $1,000. He also plans on increasing preferential hiring treatment to veterans for state jobs and contracts."
- Excerpts from candidates' websites may contain spelling and grammatical errors
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Josh Evans ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent C.D. Davidsmeyer ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Davidsmeyer then defeated Evans in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 100, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Christopher "C.D." Davidsmeyer Incumbent||65.8%||24,481|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Josh + Evans + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Facebook page
- LinkedIn account
- Campaign Twitter feed
- Josh Evans for State Representative: "Biography," accessed January 5, 2013
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's Biographical Submission Form on December 30, 2013
- Josh Evans for State Representative: "Platform," accessed January 5, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |