|Kansas House of Representatives District 50|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Powell served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Energy and Environment|
Powell's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"No new taxes! I will not vote for a tax increase, period!"
Out of Control Spending
- Excerpt:"At both the federal and state level; spending is out of control! We must be fiscally responsible! Wasteful spending needs to be eliminated!"
- Excerpt:"I believe life begins at conception. We must protect the most innocent among us. I will work to protect life from conception till natural death."
- Excerpt:"The Second Amendment is very clear! We the people have the right to keep and bear arms. I will fight vigorously to protect this right!"
- Excerpt:"Kansas must improve its education system. Through transparency and parental involvement we can ensure children in Kansas get the best education possible!"
Powell won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 50. Powell defeated Jason "Jake" Fisher in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated District 57 incumbent Sean Gatewood (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sean Gatewood Incumbent||45.1%||4,913|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 50 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Powell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Powell raised a total of $17,378 during that time period. This information was last updated on 6/14/2013.
|Joshua Powell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 50||$17,378|
|Grand Total Raised||$17,378|
2012Powell won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Powell raised a total of $17,378.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joshua Powell's campaign in 2012|
|Shawnee County Republican Party||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$17,378|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joshua + Powell + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Powell's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Joshua Powell on Facebook
- Joshua Powell on Twitter
Trent LeDoux (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |